Masterclass Description: Too few people know about Power Query, an Excel feature that’s been around since Excel 2010. It is designed to help import, cleanse and reshape data so that the data is useful. Imagine … you finally got the data you wanted but,
- it’s all stacked in a single column and needs to be unstacked
- the Name, Employee ID, Email and Address are all in the same cell
- you’ve got 15 worksheets’ worth of data that need to be swept into one place before it can be useful.
- you need to compare datasets to identify what’s in Dataset A that’s not in Dataset B
- your data is in a report that was structured for another purpose, but needs to be rearranged for your needs
Skills requirements: This is an introductory Power Query Masterclass. No previous knowledge or experience with Power Query is required. However, you should be an intermediate Microsoft Excel user to follow along.
About your Instructor: Oz du Soleil is an Excel developer, trainer, videographer, author, LinkedIn instructor, and Microsoft Excel MVP. He is known for his brash, overly dramatic YouTube videos at Excel on Fire. Oz likes to go beyond Excel tips-&-tricks to bring you the real world why, how and when. He wants you to get the most from Microsoft Excel. Oz is a US Navy veteran and lives in Portland Oregon. Fun fact: Oz is in a documentary about sriracha hot sauce. Full profile here.